One of my new projects is to create a Leslie speaker cabinet for one of my customers.  As a starting point I have a Leslie unit from a dead organ.  I have removed the Leslie unit, which has a Styrofoam wheel which turns over a small speaker.  There is a small 115volt 60hz electric motor which turns the wheel.  The first order of business is to replace the motor.  I believe I had found a suitable replacement, which is almost identical in size and in shape.  So, I’ll begin construction on the case next.


You’ll see pictures of what I have as a starting point as well as a picture of a Leslie unit from back in the 1970s.  This unit will not necessarily look like that one, but there will be SOME similarities.